5 Thoughts is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that develops leaders and enables young people with the greatest need, to realize their full potential as healthy, productive, responsible and compassionate global citizens. 5 Thoughts works with students in Central Texas to increase the number of students that get to and through college. The organization provides support, resources, and guidance to secondary and postsecondary students as they transition to, persist and succeed in their higher education.
5 Thoughts, Inc. was created in 2011 by five fathers with one common question; What can we do to help?
Our core beliefs are:
- All people have dignity, worth, and value
- All children are entitled to an education
- Cultural and individual diversity enriches the learning environment
- A balanced learning experience occurs both inside and outside of the classroom
- Every child can succeed if provided with the right opportunities to develop
Jamal M. Jones - Founder / President & CEO
Karl Spencer - Vice President
Board of Directors
Priscilla A. Garza - Education Policy & Advocacy
Jenny Goerdel - Educational Programs & Policy
R. Christopher Langhorne - Business Development
Derrick Oden - Finance / IT Auditing
Felice Trirogoff - Outreach & Community Engagement